Skip to content
- On average, three people die each day on country roads.
- 60% of all fatalities in Great Britain occurred on rural roads in 2018.
- The number of people killed on rural roads was more than 10 times higher than on motorways in Great Britain in 2017.
- 10,729 people were killed or seriously injured in accidents reported to the police on rural roads in Great Britain in 2017.
- You must not drive faster than the speed limit for the type of road and your type of vehicle.
- The speed limit is the absolute maximum and it doesn’t mean it’s safe to drive at this speed in all conditions.